Negrenses cry out:
"Seek the truth, rise up against corruption, reclaim our nation!"
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
February 25, 2008
Thousands of Negrenes joined by the Diocese of Bacolod headed by Bishop Vicente Navarra, participated in the EDSA I anniversary that was also a national day of protest against the morally bankrupt Arroyo regime.
|Photos courtesy of BAYAN - NEGROS|
United Negrenses Yearning for Truth (UNYT)
"SEEK THE TRUTH, RISE UP AGAINST CORRUPTION, RECLAIM OUR NATION"
WE, Filipinos all, residents of Negros Occidental and speaking out the collective voice of the many social, economic, religious and youth sectors within our City and Province address this Statement to our officials in government and to fellow Filipinos. Reacting to the tug-of-war that is being waged by the Executive Branch of government and the Senate in the present Inquiry into the NBN-ZTE broadband deal, we strongly support the continuation of the investigation being done by the Upper Chamber of Congress.
In seeking out the truth, we:
· ask that our Honorable Senators continue the inquiry that they have been conducting on the NBN-ZTE broadband deal;
· place our faith upon the courage of Mr. Rodolfo Noel Lozada, Jr. and urge him to reveal all that he knows about the reported "eco-system of corruption" that has surrounded its negotiations;
· urge CHED Chairman Romulo Neri and other public officials who know details about this web of corruption to come out now and help stamp out this evil that is bedeviling our Country;
· demand that the President and her allies not obstruct the way of finding the Truth, and certainly not to utilize the machinery and resources of Government to suppress it;
· wish to rouse our People from apathy to corruption and deception within the government bureaucracy and hold our officials accountable for every corrupt activity.
In rising up to corruption, we :
In demanding our sovereign right to reclaim our beloved Philippines, we:
WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT OUR CHAIN,
WE HAVE IN FACT, A GREAT NATION TO GAIN!
|Download: Silliman Leaders Issue 'Statement of Concern'|
|► Send us your feedback ◄|